Sunday, August 31, 2014

Someday...

For years, people have told me that I should write a book of my own someday.  I guess the assumption is that having read umpteen million books makes me qualified to write one.  I don't know about that, but I would certainly like to give it a try.  Someday, I tell myself.  

I've decided that there is no time like the present.  However, I am a card-carrying member of PA (Procrastinators Anonymous).  I hope that isn't a real thing, because I totally just made that up.  Hmm.  Maybe I should Google it, just in case???  BRB...  Interesting- there were several websites that popped up on a search for "procrastinators anonymous".  Most of them looked like online support groups.  Just what I needed... another way to procrastinate!  

Okay, so back to the point I was originally trying to make.  It's really easy to delay getting started writing.  There are all kinds of excuses I can make, but the long and the short of it is that it's a lot easier and more enjoyable to think about writing a book someday, than it is to write one today.  

One reason I started this blog is to get myself into the groove of writing frequently.  Having readers out there who expect to read new content on a semi-regular basis is one way to combat my procrastinating tendencies.  I do better with external deadlines and expectations.  

Right now, I don't have too many people out there reading this blog, but hopefully someday that will change.  In the meantime, I have this post written, along with the start of another one.   I began today's post by writing on a different topic, but went on a tangent and wrote this instead.  Sometimes, tangents can be interesting and fruitful.  Do not underestimate the power of a good tangent!

So, here's to hoping that someday comes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment