Thursday, February 19, 2015

Back in the Saddle Again

I've been a bad, bad girl.

It's been a ridiculously long time since I've updated this blog. My last post was at the end of October when I was full of energy and enthusiasm to get started writing a novel for NaNoWriMo.

Sigh.

Alas, I didn't get very much written. So, I was a bit embarrassed to come back to Novel Scribbles and tell everyone that I'd done diddly squat on writing a book.

Then, it was December and the Christmas holiday took up a lot of my time. Although, the real time-suck turned out to be a three month free trial of Scribd. Omigosh, I have been on the biggest book binge ever. If you've never heard of Scribd, then I would compare it to Netflix. You pay a monthly subscription which gives you access to all the books you want.

I went on a social media hiatus in December/January. I was just sick of all of it- Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Goodreads...I avoided them all, including this blog.

By January, I was out of the updating habit and bogged down with working long days at my day job.

Now, it's the middle of February and I'm finally biting the bullet and coming back to write an update. I am sorry that I've been away so long. I'll certainly try to do better from now on.

Sorry for all the lame excuses, but I'm being honest and telling you why I've been gone. If you made it all the way through my litany of excuses and are still reading this, then you deserve a gold star!

Here ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment